Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Life is good!

Today was an awesome day! I felt so good! So full of life again! I had energy! I wanted to "do" things. I wish there was a way to articulate just how bad Cushing's makes you feel! I didn't realize how dead I felt with Cushing's until being on the other side of it again!

Today, I did more than I probably should have. I just couldn't help myself! I took extra hydro to make up for the extra cortisol I had to be eating up though. Also, because I feel I'm starting to get a sinus infection, I'll need a bit more. I'm off to see the doctor about that tomorrow.

Today I did a little organizing of the aftermath of coming home from surgery. I had papers to go through, and things to get put away, etc. I did that and made beds and sorted laundry. I sat in a chair and had the kids hand me the laundry so I didn't have to bend over, and I put it in the bags it needed to go into to get separated for washing. I took the whole day to do all of that, and I took a nap in between, but I got some things done, and it made me feel good.

I have this different disposition! I want to take the kids to the park and watch them play, I want to do different things. Before, those things seemed like chores, and like they were more work than they were worth! It's really hard to describe what that is like when you have Cushing's. So, today, I really appreciated life and feeling good again! I told my husband I am really going to enjoy this new life of mine. He is thrilled that I'm feeling so much better. He said he didn't even care if I didn't lose weight (which I will), but he just wanted to see me feeling better, and able to do things again. I love him so much! He's a gem! Life is good! God is so good to me!

1 comment:

judycolby said...

Gracie,
You're going to have to change the title of this blog! Because you don't seem to be a wreck anymore. Good news, huh?
I can relate to the post op feelings. After my bowel resection years ago, I was amazed at how much energy I had. I enjoyed the kids. I even enjoyed housework! I could even think again. That constant pain and fever really do a number on your mentality.
Hope it continues to be all good for you.