Thursday, September 4, 2008

2 weeks post op

Well, it's after midnight, and I didn't plan on staying up this late. I'm usually in bed by 10 or 11 now. Quite a switch! So, now it's Friday. Thursday, yesterday, was my 2 weeks post op date. I'm feeling pretty decent, all things considered. I'm on an antibiotic for my sinus infection, and I used my neti pot tonight, which helped. For those of you who don't know what a neti pot is, they are these little pitcher type containers that look kind of like a genie lamp. You add water and this salt solution, and pour it into one side of your nose, and let it drain out the other. The trick is to breathe through your mouth, and don't stop! Otherwise, it will drain down the back of your throat. They work great!

Anyway, here I am 2 weeks later and several inches less! I took measurements right before surgery. Of course, the more points of measurement, the more it looks like you lose. I measured my neck, above breast, across breast, under breast, waist, hips/stomach together, 1 thigh, 1 calf, 1 upper am, 1 lower arm, and 1 wrist. The total loss for all of those points in 2 weeks is 12 inches, then add in an extra leg, and arm, and I have a total of 15 inches! Not bad! I have not lost weight yet, just inches. How's that for encouragement and a cure? I'm happy with it!

No comments: