Thursday, October 16, 2008

8 weeks post op...Doctors, doctors, and more doctors!

I have been busy running to doctors appointments all week. I have more next week, and then one a week for the next 3 weeks after that!

On Monday, I went to the Dermatologist for a follow up on the moles she removed. The one was neoplastic hyperplasia. Not quite skin cancer, but people who have those are more likely to get skin cancer. Now I have to go in every year for a check up on all of my moles. Yay! Not! I do want to keep a check on it though. My mom had skin cancer, and I know I'm at high risk for it anyway.

Tuesday was my relax day. I went for a body wrap in the evening. That feels so good!

Yesterday, I went to the ENT. It took me a long time to get in, but it was worth it. He suctioned stuff out of the back of my nose, where I cannot reach, nor blow it out. My nasal washes were not making it budge either. Basically, I still had a small scab at the surgery site, but it was green, with other green goo. He put me on 3 weeks of antibiotics. The first 2 rounds of 10 days each didn't kick my sinus infection. Hopefully this will! He also said I have some scarring and my septum is kind of glued to the outside wall of my nose. He is going to get rid of that for me too. He can do it in office. That will be in about 3 weeks when I go back for a check up. He said that just happens sometimes when they do any kind of surgery up there around your sinuses.

I'd taken the girls with me to Columbus. They had to get some teeth pulled yesterday. We had time to kill, so I thought I'd go to my Endocrinologist's office, and get some blood work done. I'm going to see her on the 29th, so I wanted to have blood work done, to go over with her. They use to do walkin lab appointments. I found out yesterday that they quit that, but they did have an opening, so I only waited about 20 min. As it turned out, I didn't have any blood drawn. The nurse went to talk to my Dr., and she wants me to have the adrenal stim test done on Monday morning. So, I'm waiting to get blood work done until then. That means another long day in Columbus. ~sigh~! I have to be in her office at 8 am for that stim test. It takes an hour or so. It will tell if my adrenals are working good, and putting out enough cortisol for me to go off of my cortef. Then I have a follow up MRI at 1 pm in another location in Columbus. I'm excited about the stim test though! It would be great to be able to get all the way off of the hydro! Once I can do that, I'll really start losing the weight. Anyway, after a busy day of running ALL day, I went to the pharmacy, then came home and got ready to go to calling hours for my mom's cousin. It is such a sad situation.

After all of that running, I konked out good last night. I still take half of a sleeping pill, just to make sure I sleep. The previous night, I had been restless, tossing and turning. I haven't done that for a while. I think it's time for another wean anyway. I've noticed that lately, I sleep better at night. For a while after surgery, I still felt messed up on my sleep. I'd be sleepy all day, but not at night. I'm still sleeping a lot in the day too, but I'm sleeping better at night. I feel like my body is slowly changing around, and that is exciting!

Today is another busy day. I have to go to the dentist for my cleaning, and I have to take Zane to speech therapy later. Tomorrow, I get to crash! Actually, this whole weekend is free. Andy said he has noticed that I'm doing better. I have days I can do more, but I still get so tired and I just have to rest. Last weekend we had our church picnic. It seems like I did something on Friday too, but I can't remember. Anyway, I didn't do anything at the picnic, but it wore me out. I got up and went to Sunday school and morning church service, and I was whipped! I came home and went to sleep! I didn't even eat anything. I slept all afternoon, and all evening. Andy called me after church was over at night, and I was still sleeping. The phone is the only reason I woke up. I stayed up for a few hours, and went back to bed and slept until almost noon on Monday, but I had to get up to go to the doctor. So, I'm able to do more, but I still get wiped out easy.

I "feel" really good. I don't have the heart palpitations, feeling like passing out, etc., etc., any more. When my hydro gets too high, because my body is kicking in, and I'm taking the meds, then I get the Cushing's symptoms back, and I know it's time to wean. I get hot flashes, indigestion, zits, high blood pressure and high sugar. Those are all signs for me to wean. The other thing that has had me not feel 100% has been dealing with this sinus infection. When I would get to the end of my antibiotic, I'd feel pretty good. It only took a few days for it to start acting up again, and me to start feeling zapped again. I think that once I wean off of all of the hydro, and get rid of this sinus infection for good, I'll feel like a million bucks! Here's hoping anyway! Maybe I'll add some pictures soon. I haven't seen many changes for a while. I'm kind of at a standstill until I wean again.

No comments: