Saturday, October 16, 2010

Gallbladder is gone, so is hernia

I had made a post, but don't know what happened to it. I was so tired I didn't have the energy to start over!

So, here it is. I had my gallbladder removed and they found my hernia and repaired it as well. The hernia repair is the part that hurts. The holes from the gallbladder removal don't hurt, but my belly button is SO sore from the unbilical hernia repair. It was incarcerated, and in my case it was fat that had filled the hernia and grown down through it. Better that than intestine! Now I have color pics of my insides for that too!

My girdle has been my best friend lately. It helps to hold my belly in, and the weight of it doesn't tug on the incision as much. I've been sleeping a lot! If I didn't take pain meds, I couldn't sleep, and if I take them, all I do is sleep! Sleep is good when you are recovering from surgery though. I had surgery on Tuesday, and this is Saturday. Today, the pain is not as bad. I've went a long time without a pain pill today.

The best part of all of this is, I look like I got a mini tummy tuck. To fix that hernia, the doc had to pull fat in and sew up the hole. I wish she could have just done the whole thing and be done with it!

No more pain from my gallbladder, so that's a blessing. Just dealing with the hernia pain. Oh, one other thing. The surgeon didn't use mesh. That means I have a higher chance of it happening again, but she said the bile not being sterile could cause problems for that mesh and it would have to come back out, so she opted to not put it in. Hopefully I won't have any more trouble from it.

That's it till next time.

No comments: