Thursday, April 23, 2009

CLEARED FOR SURGERY! YAY!

I was hoping this was going to be the title of this post! Yay! What a relief! That down side is, it didn't come from the doctor I had hoped it would come from. Anyway, I now have a new doctor that is within driving distance who is very good with all of this Cushing's stuff AND the other hormonal issues. That means I now have a one stop doc. I don't have to deal with two separate doctors for everything now. I really liked my other doctors, but they were not on the same page, and I was tired of being the book mark (stuck in the middle).

My new doctor looked at all of my labs since surgery, my pathology, surgical report, etc., and decided that I was ready for my next surgery... a BLA. He and I are on the same page about all of this.

So, I will be having surgery in Wisconsin with Dr. Chiang. The bad part is, my husband is called for jury duty for the month of May. Hopefully he won't have to go, but he won't know until the day or so before jury duty. At any rate, I will be getting surgery soon, whether in May or June.

I'm ready for a life free of Cushing's! I can't wait!!

Thank you all, for your prayers. I know I had lots of family and friends praying for me, and I really appreciate it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

About jury duty..there are limitations that apply. If your husband is the primary care-taker for the family (he will be with your surgery!) then he needs to write a nice little note on why he cant serve at this time.

Kay said...

Congrats Gracie! I know you have been waiting to be done with all this once and for all.

And I agree with the person above about jury duty. There should be a little form your husband can fill out to say this isn't the best time and to postpone his jury time. My husband did that last year when he got chosen as well.

Can't wait to hear when your surgery date is! I'll be praying for ya!